Don’t know what the big deal is about Teapigs? Keep reading!
Teapigs is a company that was started by two people who really.love.tea! They met while working at a giant tea company and decided that they wanted to get people drinking real quality tea. We love Teapigs here at Agouri not just because of the quality of the teas or the taste; but also because of the quality of the packaging! Teapigs teas are not only good for you but good for the environment too!
These teas are made with big whole leaves, spices, berries, fruits, etc. that are sustainably sourced, instead of the crushed up and manhandled ingredients that you see in other brands’ tea bags. This gives you more flavor and in turn, more bang for your cup! The tea bags are biodegradable, the bags on the inside are made of wood pulp (even though it looks like plastic) and is completely compostable, AND the boxes are made out of sustainable paper board which is recyclable! They also have different lines of teas!
Here at Agouri, we currently have:
- Lemon Ginger (15 bags): “This gingery, lemony brew will sweep you away to a British summer’s day. There is no match for the ginger kick and refreshing lemon in this all-natural infusion.”
- Peppermint (15 bags): “Our peppermint tea is fresher and finer than any tea bag mint you have tasted before because, as with our regular teas, we insist on whole leaves. Sip this when your stomach is growling. It’s great after a heavy meal or night out.”
- Chamomile (15 bags): “Most chamomile teas are made by crushing the flowers - not a nice thing to do. The best chamomile tea comes from brewing the whole flowers - which is exactly what we do. The chamomile flower is celebrated for its health benefits, which include calming, aiding sleep and supporting digestion.”
- Darjeeling Earl Grey (15 bags): “Most Earl Greys use a poor quality base tea and load on bergamot flavoring. We use the finest Darjeeling from the foothills of the Himalayas and add the zesty, citrus bergamot and lime flavors of the Mediterranean to create something altogether more elegant. The blue cornflowers? Well, they just look so pretty.”
- Mao Feng Green Tea (15 bags): “If you enjoy the benefits of green tea but hold your nose to drink it, this is your new favorite tea! It captures the delicate taste of summer air and - unlike a lot of murky paper bag green teas - this one turns a clear pale green when infused.”
- Rooibos Creme Caramel (15 bags) (This one is not as common but, we are super excited to share it with you!): “This tea has it all - rooibos is naturally caffeine free, low in tannins and is as hydrating as water. The chunks of caramel make it a sweet, rich, comforting drink to rival any scrumptious dessert but a cup contains only 2 calories. We can’t guarantee all temples contain caramel chunks but if you do get all 15 full of chunks, you’ve really hit the sweetness jackpot!
Specialty “Feel Good” Teas:
- Cleanse Detox Tea with Coconut (15 bags): “Kale smoothie, wheatgrass, ‘avo on toast’, been there done them all...now for the cleanest greenest tea ever (in our opinion!). A super combination of green tea, lemongrass, ginger, coconut and dandelion which help revitalize your body - treat your body to the pick me up it so richly deserves. Refreshing and slightly sweet tasting, this is delicious hot or cold!”
- Happy Herbal Tea with Lemon Balm (15 bags): “Roller coasters, hot air balloons, kites and pandas - according to team teapigs, these are the things that make us happy. If you don’t have a kite or a panda, try this uplifting blend of turmeric, apple and lemon balm. Good if you’re feeling a little grumpy.”
- Up Beet Green Tea with Hibiscus (15 bags): “This blend will give you the kick you need to jump into your workout clothes, tie up your sneakers, and throw that scary giant kettlebell way over your shoulder. This blend of beets, spice, and hibiscus is fruity and punchy.”
Cold Brew Teas:
These tea bags have been specifically made to brew in cold water AND fit into your water bottle!
- Cucumber & Apple (10 bags): “A blend of cucumber and apple for a super light and cooling drink. This yummy infusion will make drinking water much more enjoyable. 8 glasses a day? Easy.”
- Peach & Mango (10 bags): Naturally sweet and peachy perfect, this refreshing pairing of peach and mango will make getting your 8 glasses a day a breeze.”
- Lychee & Rose (10 bags): A blend of lychee and rose on a fruity base; makes a light, sweet and flowery drink. This yummy infusion will make drinking water much more enjoyable. 8 glasses a day? No problem.”
Premium Organic Matcha Green Tea:
- Single Serve Packets: “Matcha is a superhero amongst teas: 100% ground green tea leaves from Nishio, Japan, essentially a super-concentrated green tea containing natural green tea flavonoids (catechins). Matcha tea bushes are grown under shade to increase their chlorophyll content and then ground by granite stones into a super fine powder. So when you drink matcha, you’re ingesting every little bit of lovely green tea good stuff. That’s why we call it super power green tea.”