Summer Salad with Berries & Zucchini Blossoms
- 1 Package of Satur Farms Zucchini Blossoms (contains 8)
- 1 Romaine Heart
- 1 Package of Assorted Cherry Heirloom Tomatoes
- ¼ of a Large Red Onion
- 1 Golden Beet
- 1 Red Pepper
- 1 Orange Pepper
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Package of Satur Farms Organic White Truffle Salad Dressing
- Prepare the beet by trimming the ends, removing the skin and boiling it for about 10 - 15 minutes. It is done when a fork/knife can easily go through it (like a boiled potato). Allow the beet to cool.
- Prepare the zucchini blossoms. You can either remove the pistil from the inside of the blossom or leave it in. Usually if I am eating the zucchini blossoms uncooked, I leave them in and just eat around it. Use a damp paper towel to wipe down the zucchini blossoms. They are very delicate so, it is better to not have them under running water unless it is very gentle.
- Chop your vegetables/strawberries, and prepare your protein (if you are using one).
- Slice the beet (it should be cooled by now).
- To make my dressing last a little longer, I like to add a little lemon juice or water to it. Lemon juice is the best option with the white truffle dressing. Toss everything together and enjoy!