Pineapple Pico de Gallo
- About ¼ of a red onion
- 5 vine ripe tomatoes (about 1 - 11/2 pounds)
- ½ of a jalapeno
- ¼ of a whole pineapple
- Juice of ½ of a lime
- 1 sprig of cilantro (optional)
- Chili powder (to taste)
- Garlic powder (to taste)
- Onion powder (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
- Chop up your tomatoes, pineapple, and red onion.
- If you are using a jalapeno, (carefully) cut it in half lengthwise and remove the seeds. Chop that up as well and put it into the bowl with tomatoes, pineapple, and red onion. **Make sure to wash your hands after and do not touch your eyes!**
- Squeeze the lime juice into the bowl.
- Season according to your personal preference. I don’t usually measure my spices and seasonings but, I start out small with about a ¼ of a teaspoon of each and taste/add more as I go. If you add too much by accident, just add more lime juice or a little bit of water to dilute the flavor.
- Top with cilantro (if preferred).