Mama Splinis' Spinach Pie
- 3 pieces of leeks
- 3 bunches of scallions
- 2 2.5 lb bags of spinach
- 1 bunch of dill
- ¼ lb feta cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- ⅓ cup of ricotta cheese
- 3 or 4 eggs
- 1 package of fillo
- Oil and butter mix for fillo
- In a pan, put some oil, scallions, and leeks. Let them brown a little and then add the dill. Set it aside to cool.
- After the mixture has cooled, add the spinach, feta cheese, cream cheese, ricotta cheese, 3 or 4 eggs, and the pepper. Mix it all together.
- Melt the butter a little bit and mix it with the oil.
- Layer half of the fillo and spread some of the oil and butter mixture in between each sheet.
- Once you have used half of the pack of fillo, put the spinach mixture and some more of the oil and butter mixture.
- Layer the other half of the package of fillo and put the oil and butter mixture on top.
- Bake it in the oven at 350 degrees for about an hour or until the fillo looks golden brown.