Liz M's Roasted Pork and Potatoes
- Pork Loin (1.25-2 lb)
- 3 lbs red potatoes
- 2 lbs carrots
- Fresh Sage (3 stems)
- Parsley (2 stems)
- Fresh Bay leaves (1 piece, optional)
- 1 head Elephant Garlic (3-4 heads regular garlic)
- Red or white onion (red onion pictured)
- 2-3 tsp olive oil
- Salt, pepper (optional)
- Heat oven to 375°.
- Sear pork loin in skillet for 3-5 minutes on all sides until browned, leave to the side.
- Wash and chop red potatoes into about ¼” in pieces, peel and chop carrots into ¼” slices, chop 2-3 heads of garlic. Mix Potatoes and carrots in a glass pan with Olive oil, salt, pepper, chopped garlic and parsley, keep the potatoes and carrots towards the edge of the pan leaving space for the pork loin in the center of the pan.
- In a separate bowl combine the remaining garlic, sliced not chopped, fresh sage (ripped), remaining fresh parsley (ripped), Bay leaves (crushed) a pinch of salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Cut three ½” deep into the pork loin and stuff with sliced garlic mixture, place into the center of the pan with the carrots and potatoes.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes and remove the pork loin from the pan, cover with tin foil and set to the side for 10 minutes. Chop red or white onion.
- Add onion to the potatoes and carrots to bake for 10 minutes while the pork rests. Serve together or with the pork separately!
** You can alter this recipe for a larger pork loin by adding 20 minutes to the bake time per extra pound or double the entire recipe!**